DAVE ALVIN - Eleven Eleven - Expanded Edition (2012)
Dave Alvin is a Grammy award winning guitarist, singer and songwriter and a proponent of Americana music. He is a former member of The Blasters, X, and The Knitters.
"Starting in May 2011, my great band, The Guilty Ones and I hit the highways blasting and rocking our blues in every bar, theatre and joint that we could get into across America. Some of ‘em we even hit twice! As you might guess, I love playing with this band and I think it shows in the live performance that was recorded last summer (2011) at The Ark in Ann Arbor. We were in Cincinnati the night before we taped this show, and we were in Chicago the night after, so this is a document of one night (mistakes, sweat and all) traveling down the endless interstate. I’m happy to be able to release this to you on DVD in a new swanky package of Eleven Eleven (expanded edition), complete with three previously unreleased songs from that album’s sessions. I hope you enjoy the music and I look forward to seeing you soon somewhere down the road.”
A unique slip-case hardcover box containing all three CDs and the DVD:
* The original Eleven Eleven album on digipak CD
* A second CD featuring 9 songs recorded live on the official Eleven Eleven US Tour at the Ark in Ann Arbor, MI on July 2, 2011 including Dave’s classic songs “Fourth of July,” “Out Of Control” (see full tracklisting HERE)
* A bonus CD including 3 unreleased bonus tracks from the original Eleven Eleven recording session, including “Never Trust A Woman” (duet with Candye Kane), “Signal Hill,” and “Beautiful City ‘Cross the River” which was featured on a recent episode of FX’s hit television show “Justified”.
Eleven Eleven (2011):
01. Harlan County Line 02. Johnny Ace Is Dead 03. Black Rose Of Texas 04. Gary, Indiana 1959 05. Run Conejo Run 06. No Worries Mija 07. What's Up With Your Brother 08. Murrietta's Head 09. Manzanita 10. Dirty Nightgown 11. Two Lucky Bums
Eleven Eleven - Bonus Disc (2012):
01. Beautiful City 'cross The River 02. Signal Hill 03. Never Trust A Woman W. Candye Kane
Live At The Ark In Ann Arbor, Mi (2012):
01. Harlan County Line 02. Boss Of The Blues 03. Long White Cadillac 04. Rio Grande 05. Johnny Ace Is Dead 06. Out Of Control 07. Dry River 08. Run Conejo Run 09. Fourth Of July
DISCLAIMER: The music found through this blog is intended for review purposes and should not be seen as a substitute for the original, legal, RIAA approved, record company enriching product. Please note that songs are available for VERY short amount of time. And if you like the music BUY IT. Please support the artists and buy as much as you can directly from them and cut out the middle man.
zinhof [at] gmail.com